Sunday, August 26, 2007

35 Years

35 years ago today we got married. We were meant for each other from the moment our eyes caught each other in the Nathan Hale library towards the end of our senior year in high school. To think this morning of all that we have gone through is almost overwhelming. This would be more overwhelming if we had not grown so much in the last 7-8 years into true soul mates.

The trials of marriage can be very tricky and tiresome, but worth it if you stay together, so worth it today as we enjoy each other more and more every day. We enjoy the grocery store together, sitting on the back porch drinking and smoking, riding our bikes and recently navigating our way through the entire five seasons of "Six Feet Under" together.

The only wisdom I can share with those that read this is to hang touch and stay together. through everything you go through. I truly believe that each of our son's have married their soulmates and best friends in Teresa, Heidi and Emily. We love them like our own daughters.

What is it I love about Delinda? Her passion, her deepness, her honesty especially telling me the truth about myself I may not want to admit when it is hard. I love her lips, her humor and am constantly challenged by each dimension of the person she is. I love her strong opinions even though I don't agree with many of them and her wisdom and discernment about people and all of life. I love her lovemaking and the moments we spend in darkness after that and her whispers to me to show true inner self in the dark. I love her protectiveness of me and her passionate jealousy too. I could go on and on.

I love you more today Delinda than yesterday and I will love you even more tomorrow.

For those reading, please stay together for life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didja have to go into the lovemaking part?!?!?! Congrats anyway!

Matt F. Simpson said...

With my own marriage rapidly approaching these were rewarding words to read. So many people have absolutely nothing positive to say about marriage and try to convince everybody else that because it sucked for them it sucks for everybody. I am glad to see that is not always the case. Congratulations on standing by your lifelong committment to each other and for continuing to grow together. Much love...matt.

LORD I MUST HAVE BEEN BLIND said...

yes josh-boy, even parents have sex and enjoy it...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luke...Heidi...Brooke....Jake said...

Started out good, but what mom said just erased all memory I ever had. Please dont ever say that again out loud.

LORD I MUST HAVE BEEN BLIND said...

come ON. Has that southern baptist still gottcha? I am done with the hiding thing...sorry to upset your pretend apple cart!!!