Sunday, July 29, 2007

CHANGE

One summer has brought a new grandson, the death of our good friend Greg Sizemore, the official engagement of our niece Megan and this weekend the double murder, suicide done by our next door neighbor Lon who we barely knew. Wow, I really miss Greg.

What does this say about life and death, it comes it goes and what is the impact to each of us?. Why do we cry after funerals when we stand around and not in the funeral service?

And now Micah is moving to Wyoming and Luke back to Denver and here I sit in the same damn town I have lived in all my life, so much for change for me. Maybe "life is all about change" has eluded me so far.

Life just rolls on, day after day of insanity that we wallow in and never stop to listen to each other, good music, the turtle doves here in Catoosa or the "boom" at 3:00 in the morning Saturday morning, we rolled over and went back to sleep like the way most of us live life.

Sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a choice weather to wallow in whatever it is we wallow in. Chin up Fred, your life isn't that bad! Just don't piss off your neighbors...